What I used
- Canterbury Blue EZ2 Paint chalk paint in different colours
- paint brush
What I did
- cleaned the surface to remove dust
- I applied 2 coats of different coloured paints
- Allowed to set for a few days, because I got busy.
- lightly sanded the paint to make it smooth and also to age it slightly by making the timber show through in places.
- applied the wax and buffed it off
- convinced the kids to help me to bring it back inside :)
This is a nearly finished photo. Here the bookcase has 2 coats of paint but I haven't sanded and waxed it yet.
Here it is all finished and back in place.
I love the blue and green colours.
Now I have to put the books away and I hope no one notices that I am going to cull some books. Though I am sure the bookcase will still be full when I have finished. I don't think the colour in the shelves will show with so many books on there but it will still be nicer than before I started.
Then I have to paint the second bookcase. I wonder if the kids want to have a go?