Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Carver chair

I bought this chair to use as a practice before I start doing a make over of my dinning suite. The black paint and red fabric seemed too dated for my taste. And I am sure everyone knows by now that I like colour and lots of it.

Mum stripped the fabric off for me and found 3 layers of different fabric, no wonder there were lumps and bumps. Mum took lots of photos so that we would know how to upholster it again when the painting was finished.

 I chose a blue paint and I got lots of help from Superman and Red.

My little helpers aren't the smoothest painters and I really needed to do a lot of sanding between coats to remove the lumps and bumps.

Eventually we did enough coats and it was shipped off to Mum's house for padding and fabric to be put on. I am really happy with the finished product. It looks so clean and fresh compared to the black and red.

No comments:

Post a Comment