Pages

Friday 27 July 2012

Rocking chair

I saw this Rocking Chair and had to buy it. I got it for a bargain price but renovating it has seen me cursing my purchasing decision quite a few times.

The seat padding was glued into place and it was a huge effort to remove them. I ended up with cuts and bruises. The old varnish was cracking and took a lot of effort to hand sand off. All those loops make using an electric sander impossible. It took me hours to prepare the surface. I then did 3 coats of primer, 3 coats of the top coat and then a couple of coats of clear varnish.

It is nearly finished, all that is left is to actually attach the padding. At the moment it is just sitting there so I can take the photo. I couldn't resist showing it off now. It looks so clean and fresh now and worth the dramas that went with it.  But I think I am bored with this fabric and paint combination. I need to find a contrasting fabric print now to use in the lounge room. 
Update: It is finished now. Surprisingly it is very comfortable.


2 comments:

  1. I don't like Blue but this looks really great. The fabric matches perfectly. I had one of these chairs when I had my first bub 25yrs ago, it was very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is comfortable. Though I need to practice sitting down on it while holding a crying child. It is hard for me to sit down when both hands are occupied. I nearly got my foot caught under that bottom bar.

    ReplyDelete