Pages

Thursday 24 July 2014

DIY Wooden Bracelets / Wood Bangles

While playing around on YouTube one day I found myself watching craft videos. Eventually I stumbled upon a video on how to make your own Wood Bangles, to see the video go HERE. (For some reason the video isn't loading for me today but you can also find out more on her web page) This lady made it look so easy that I thought I would give it a go.
I already had some fabric markers so that was a bonus. I got the gold pen and some of the bangles at Spotlight. I also bought some bangles online.


Now I am NOT a fine artist but I wanted to play around and have fun. Despite my lack of artistic skills I think they look ok.

I did one with different coloured hearts around it. One has random flowers and says 'Happy'. And the last one has my favourite quotes from Shakespeare's play, Julius Caesar.

This would be a great project for artistic children to do. It would be a great school holiday activity. I have some spare blank bangles for my boys to make presents with. In the meantime, one of my boys used a bangle to make me a birthday present. He wrapped wool around the bangle and we glued the start and finished threads on the inside where they wont be seen. I have worn this bangle a few times already.
So if you are keen to try making your own bangles, then check out the video and have fun searching in Spotlight for materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment