This old tablecloth has sat in the linen cupboard for years. I am not sure where it even came from, but I am guessing it was secondhand when I got it. It is rather bland so it never got used but it is time it had a face lift... and an iron.
There were lots of blank squares around the tablecloth, as shown below.
I filled these blank squares in with different coloured embroidery threads.
I added yellow pompom tassels which I bought at Spotlight. I forgot to buy matching sewing thread while I was at the shops, so I hand sewed the pompoms onto the tablecloth with embroidery thread.
I am much happier with the look of the tablecloth now. It is now pretty enough to stay out of the linen cupboard.