Pages

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Tablecloth upcycle

This old tablecloth has sat in the linen cupboard for years. I am not sure where it even came from, but I am guessing it was secondhand when I got it. It is rather bland so it never got used but it is time it had a face lift... and an iron.




 There were lots of blank squares around the tablecloth, as shown below.
 I filled these blank squares in with different coloured embroidery threads.

 I added yellow pompom tassels which I bought at Spotlight. I forgot to buy matching sewing thread while I was at the shops, so I hand sewed the pompoms onto the tablecloth with embroidery thread.

I am much happier with the look of the tablecloth now. It is now pretty enough to stay out of the linen cupboard.

1 comment:

  1. It looks lovely. Not sure if I like the pom poms but it def makes it better. I've never thought of doing this. I have old embroidery pieces too.

    ReplyDelete